monday, december 24, 2007
as we wait for the first of our company to arrive, it only seemed appropriate to ponder some important questions for christmas...in other words, i stiole a meme.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Depends on the gift. Most are wrapped. A few had to be put into bags because of lack of boxes, size, and one because it would tear up the wrapping paper. That one was put in a Cars gifts bag. And is for my husband. (which really is appropriate considering the gift and the reasoning behind the gift.)
2. Real tree or fake tree?
As much as I'd love a real tree every year, they are just too far out of our budget, so fake.
3. When do you put up the tree?
4. When do you take the tree down?
12th Night--January 6.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yeeeeee-eeeeeeees! Vanilla Spice in particular. Makes great cookies too. ;)
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Unfortunately, my memory sucks.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, but no place to really put it so it's not out. One day I'll have a place with real furniture.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Must be that memory thing...nothing comes to mind.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. Right after Thanksgiving.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Hrm...hrm...can't really think of one, actually. I mean, I can think of several Christmas movies, but I wouldn't say any of them are a favorite.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December...when we have the money. A few years we've not shopped at all, but others have been kind enough to help out.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
"Litte Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at home. That may change as the kids grow and start their own households, however.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Donner, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Blitzen, and Rudolph. Must have Rudolph. ;)
Am I right?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Day; after breakfast. This year, after breakfast and the arrival of daughter #2.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
23. What I love most about Christmas?
The heart of the season, the beauty of it, and, well,, everything except the commercialism. I'm supposed to pick just one?
|word of the moment: accension
the act of kindlingor setting on fire, or the state of being kindled; inflammation; ignition
« .:. »
archive .:. index
this day in . . .
2004 (x2) .
one year at a time
give me them
Amon locket, Orbo, &
Amon in Shadow
exclussively for domynoe
"Witch Hunter Robin"
Sunrise, Inc. does not endorse and is not affiliated with whyspered moments in any official or unofficial capacity.